The Commission on Nursing Practice (formerly Professional Affairs) is responsible for advancing the profession of nursing through activities that identify and evaluate trends, developments and issues that impact on nursing. The activities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing programs of activity for education and delivery of nursing practice.
- Fostering expansion of knowledge base for nursing practice.
- Enhancing the economics of practice and healthcare.
- Promoting the rights and responsibilities of nurses.
- Protecting the rights of recipients of nursing services by promoting the implementation of ANA Standard for Nursing Practice and ANA Code for Nurses.
We will periodically post various position papers on this site (see below). If you would like to impact the policies and positions of NHNA, consider becoming involved with this Commission!
- Chair: Jennifer Johnson, DNP, CNM, RNC-OB
- Carol Allen, MSN, EdD(c), RN
- Amanda Carmichael, BSN, MBA, RN
- Lyndsay Goss, MSN, RN
- MaryEllen King, BSN, CPN
- Ian Kirit, MSN, RN, CEN
- Darby Thomas, BSN, RNC
- Eugene Bois, MSN, MBA, RN, HC