Combined membership in ANA and the NHNA provides you with the following opportunities, benefits and support:
- Advance your knowledge through ANA's extensive online Continuing Education library which includes more than 35 modules that are free or discounted for ANA members
- Enjoy exclusive member discounts on ANCC specialty certification exams —save $85 on the initial exam and $95 on recertification
- Continue your higher education with members-only tuition discounts on accredited online nursing programs leading to a BSN, MSN or DNP degree
- Stay up-to-date on nursing news with free subscriptions to ANA's peer-reviewed, award-winning journal The American Nurse – plus: American Nurse Today, Online Journal of Issues in Nursing (OJIN), and SmartBrief - valued at more than $50
- Keep your knowledge current by attending monthly live Navigate Nursing webinars designed to help you with all facets of your nursing practice – and save 50%
- Improve your leadership skills through ANA's Leadership Institute that provides resources to nurses at all stages of their career – and save with your member discount!
- Explore job openings through the ANA Career Center
- Protect yourself with significant savings on Professional Liability insurance
ANA, strengthening nursing's voice at the National Level
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care - issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, scope of practice and access to care
- Representing nursing where it matters, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and many others, right up to the White House
- Speaking for nursing through the media including stories in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, 60 Minutes , NBC Nightly News, CNN, and NPR to name a few
- Speaking for U.S nurses as the only U.S.A member of the International Council of Nurses and attending meetings of the World Health Organization.
NHNA monitors the issues at the State Level
- Protecting and safeguarding your Nursing Practice Act – one of the most important roles of our State Nurses Associations
- Advocating at the state level
Influence Decisions by participating in your ANA and State advocacy efforts
- Join one of the many committees and boards at the national, state and local level that are shaping the direction of the association and the profession.
- Participate in member surveys that let you influence the association's agenda.
- Take part in grass roots advocacy efforts that let our elected officials hear your commitment on issues important to nursing.
You are the Future of Nursing
NHNA and ANA are at the Forefront of Helping You Succeed